Make a Life-Changing Difference
When you become a host family, you and your family will make a life-changing difference in the life of a teenager while enjoying one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences of your life. Benefits you will receive when you welcome a KCS exchange student into your home:
- Hosting is an excellent way to learn about new cultures and customs from around the world without leaving home.
- Hosting creates a lifetime friendship with another person, and often with another family in a different part of the world.
- If you have children of your own, their ability for learning a new language is greater and their view of the world is shaped strongest at a young age.
- You will be an ambassador for Christ by giving that young person the change to experience Christ’s love in your family; to understand our customs and values.
- International students have full medical insurance and bring their own money for incidentals and extracurricular activities – host families are only responsible for providing students with a home, bed, meals, transportation to school and caring support.
- To help with the expense of an extra family member, a monthly stipend will be allocated to each family.
Who can be a Host Family?
Just as there is no “typical” American family, there is no “typical” host family – families can have no children or many children, retirees, single parents and young couples are all able to give international students a good home.
Host families come from diverse backgrounds and represent different generations. They come from all over the United States. Many live in small towns, while others live in cities; still others live in rural areas or on farms. Host families are united by a desire to know and welcome a young person from a totally different world and introduce them to a new culture. A host family’s responsibility is to provide the student with a bed of his or her own, a place to study, and meals, but more over a host family commits to welcoming this new “son” or “daughter” into their family, hearts and home.
The Goals of our International Program is to…
- Encourage the education of young people about foreign cultures and languages by arranging for qualified individuals to live and study in countries different from their own.
- Encourage Americans to learn more about foreign countries, cultures and languages
- Create opportunities for cross-cultural friendships
- Increase understanding of the United States, its people, culture and history, among young people all over the world
- Provide a solid educational experience for all participants in the program
- Make participants better citizens of their countries through cross-cultural exchange of ideas
- Change the world by sharing the love of Christ
Host Family Testimonials:
For more information about the enrollment process, tuition and fees, school requirements and the programs for international students please contact one of our program directors below.
|Assistant Principal/International Program Director:||Aliona Lainfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Program Assistant:||Patti Brashearsemail@example.com|
Knoxville Christian School
11549 Snyder Rd
Knoxville TN, 37932